The JUSTNature project, a four-and-half-year project started in 2021, brought together 7 cities representatives and 13 organisations across Europe for the 3rd Project Meeting in Budapest to review the progress made over the previous six months, learn what we missed and what we accomplished, and hear suggestions and feedback from our cities on how to deal with the implementation of NbS with its citizens.
On the 6th of March, after the meet and greet in the afternoon on the first day, all Work Package leaders and CiPeLs quickly reviewed failures from the previous 6 months in the F* session, which focused on what we had planned, but it was not working as expected. It is important to learn from our mistakes and understand the challenges and barriers encountered during implementation. Moreover, the WP 8 reviewed of "Upscaling JUSTNature results" in terms of business analysis and long-term business plans, followed by the WP9 presented "Communication & Dissemination" strategy and activity results.
On the second day, we also discussed on
- Exploring JUSTNature potentials and impacts using clustering maps to design nature-based solutions outside or adjacent to a pilot site
- Monitoring and evaluating NbS indicators and metrics combining principles of Sustainable - Circularity - Justice
- Innovation practice results from the first Local Stakeholder Workshop in CiPeLs and plans for the upcoming workshops
- Preparing NbS design and implementation phase
- Completed prototype Digital Twins
Furthermore, 3 parallel sessions focused on administrative and financial, Digital twin CiPeL models, and tailored communication & dissemination strategies were arranged to allow interested participants to discuss the future in greater detail before we closed the project meeting with a presentation by the project coordinator on Project governance & collaboration with sister projects.