Through our integrated and transdisciplinary framework, we expect to reach the following impact:
- Increased evidence and awareness of the benefits of re-naturing cities.
- Creation of ‘communities of practice’..tested, well-documented, upscalable, and marketable NbS.
- Enhanced stakeholder and citizen ownership of the solutions.
- Enhanced implementation of relevant policies and programmes.
- The creation of a European reference framework and the establishment of EU leadership in a new global market for nature-based solutions.
City Practice Labs
The JUSTNature project selects six CiPeLs that are situated in different contexts, characterized by a high diversity of demographic, linguistic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds across a variety of biogeographical areas such as Mediterranean, Alpin, Atlantic or Continental. The CiPeLs facilitate a nexus of research and development through the co-development with key actors of a community of practice such as public administration, Small-Medium Enterprises, civil society organizations and citizens.
‘ThinkNature’ and ‘URBAN GreenUP’, other H2020 projects such as ‘Clever cities’, ‘Connecting Nature’ or ‘Nature4cities’ have signed up to a common manifesto that guides the cities’ NbS adoption. JUSTNature will build on these commitments.